Following up on the efforts that a few others had already started (including someone named Robbish who’s blog is gone), I’ve updated the macros and language spec files for ActionScript 3 to work with Xcode 3.
Xcode 3 switched from pblangspec files to xclangspec. The macros format and pbfilespec files had a few tweaks to be made as well. There are a few lines still left in the pblangspec file, Xcode didn’t seem happy without them, or with them moved into the xclangspec file. I wasn’t able to keep the method parameters in the code completion, it wouldn’t properly work with some of the different characters in there. I tried a few things, but it didn’t work. If I or someone else gets that figured out, it will be updated.
As a brand spankin’ new addition, and as a result of Xcode 3 having better support for XML, I was able to get an xclangspec going for MXML too! I even have ActionScript in the CDATA blocks working! It works hand-in-hand with the ActionScript.xclangspec file.
This is a first stab, and no doubt can be improved on, but at least I’m rockin’ and rollin’ with Xcode 3 now. To use, just drop the files here:
If you are moving a project over from an older Xcode project, the ActionScript and MXML files may not automatically register. As you work on them, simply do a “Get Info” (Command+I), and select either “sourcecode.actionscript” or “sourcecode.mxml” for the type in the inspector.
Here you go, enjoy!
Flex for Xcode 3 (0.0.1)